The Merseyside & Cheshire Commonwealth Association was officially launched by HRH The Earl of Wessex on Monday 12th March 2018. It was born from the expansion of the existing 3 year old Liverpool Commonwealth Association.
The Merseyside and Cheshire Commonwealth Association helps form effective regional and national links between government, business, civil society and the educational communities of the Commonwealth. It banks with Barclays. It applied for charitable status in March 2018. It has a capacity for 12 trustees.
President & Chair: Gary Millar
Vice Chair: Chief Angus Chukuemeka
Vice Chair: Dave Maisey
General Secretary: Garth Dallas MBA LLM
Executive Secretary: Vanessa Boateng
Executive Treasurer: Mumin Khan
The main activities of the Merseyside and Cheshire Commonwealth Association will be involve:
- contributing to the achievement of the objectives of the Commonwealth by promoting mutual collaboration among the Merseyside, Cheshire and wider North-West Regions of England’s Commonwealth Diaspora communities and working in partnership with Governmental and Non-Governmental bodies in order to empower the values of the Commonwealth Charter.
- developing and strengthening links between the Merseyside, Cheshire and wider North-West Regions of England’s Commonwealth Diaspora communities in order to encourage and enhance international trade, and cultural and educational exchanges and best practices to gain the understanding and skills necessary to contribute to the development of sustainable communities.
- facilitating and coordinating engagement between the organisation and other organisations to support enterprise and business development.
- cooperating and collaborating with other national and regional Commonwealth groups to bring about interchange in areas of mutual interest, towards achieving the organisation’s aims and objectives.
- seeking and receiving appropriate funding, grants, membership subscriptions, donations and gifts for the benefit of the organisation.
For more information: