The Merseyside and Cheshire Commonwealth Association is the fastest growing organisation of its kind outside of London. We have the following categories of FREE membership:
- Individual Member
- Member Organisation
1. Individual Membership
- Individual membership is available to any Commonwealth Diaspora person who subscribe to the objects of the organisation.
- Individual Members shall be entitled to attend, participate, and contribute to the discussion and debate in General Meetings and Annual General Meetings of Members and shall be entitled to be nominated to the Board of Trustees.
2. Member Organisation
- Member Organisation membership is available to any corporate or unincorporated organisation that has objectives which are in accord with those of the organisation and subscribe to our objects.
- Each Member Organisation shall appoint an individual to represent it and to participate on its behalf at General Meetings and Annual General Meetings of Members, though such individual shall not be entitled to vote or be nominated to positions on the Board of Trustees.
- Each Member Organisation may appoint an alternate to replace its appointed representative at any General Meetings and Annual General Meetings of Members if the appointed representative is unable to attend and shall notify the name of the representative appointed by it and of any alternate to the Secretary. If the representative or alternate resigns from or otherwise leaves the Member Organisation, he or she shall forthwith cease to be the representative of the Member Organisation.
Application for Membership
- Applications for any category of membership shall be delivered to the organisation by completing the Membership Form.
- Applications for any category of membership shall be considered by the Trustees, which shall be authorised to accept or reject applications for membership at its sole discretion.
- The Trustees may reject applications for membership if it has reasons to believe that it is in the best interests of the organisation that such person or organisation should not be accepted as a member.
How to return your completed Membership Form
- Scan the form and email to email@example.com
- Post the form to: The Merseyside and Cheshire Commonwealth Association, 2 Gwent Street, Liverpool, L8 8DN